OS 4.0 Discussion - announcements at 1pm EDT today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chriskzoo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

From this week's Macbreak Weekly, the tow things that one of the guys "knows" are coming is that streaming audio apps will be able to run in the background just like the iPod app.

He didn't speculate on anything else, but he thought what Apple could do is, not necessarily allow all apps to run in the background, but to allow certain aspects of those apps to run (e.g. there would be an API that allowed approved processes) without having to have the full blown app running in the background. Since this is just an announcement and it will likely be in the wild with the next iPhones in June, this would give devs 3 months or so to modify their apps to the new APIs.

Also coming is some sort of change to the home screen. He didn't really speculate what it would be, but I'm thinking they do something along the lines of the Stacks functionality - si you could create a "Games" folder, press on it, and have all the apps in that folder fan out, rather than keeping them 4 screens over or something.

2. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

If Apple creates app stacks like Event photos are grouped in the Photo app, that might work well for me. I'm already on my 5th page of app icons! :D