os 4.0 jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by nima-m, Apr 22, 2010.

1. nima-m macrumors newbie

hi everybody, i am newbie to this forum!
    i wanted to ask a question, plz help me!!
    Iwanted to buy an ipod touch recently, but i saw in your buyers guide that says do not buy if you dont need, the new version is coming.
    i wanted to ask the new version is the version with the OS 4.0?
    if it is the case, are you sure that it would be jailbroken? plz help me!!!!! i nedd you help!
    tnx all!! :apple:

2. kyleh613 macrumors regular

I don't really understand what you are asking, I take it english isn't your native language?

I'll try the best I can though; Currently 3.1.3 is the most up to date firmware for the ipod touch. I think the next update is 3.2 which is just a minor (?) update and then 4.0 is coming out this summer.

We can't tell you if it will be jailbroken or not, nor can we say how long it will take to be jailbroken. If I had to guess, I would say the 2nd generation touch should be jailbroken pretty easily on 4.0. However the 4th generation touch is likely to be using vastly different hardware and could even be impossible to jailbreak. We simply don't know, it could go either way.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The answer to your questions is no one knows anything for sure about the next-gen iPod touch until it's released. Here are a couple of assumptions:
    • It will in all probability come with the upcoming OS 4.0 software.
    • Nobody knows yet whether the final release 4.0 software will be jailbreakable. It doesn't exist yet so there's no way to know.
    Also, don't expect new iPod Touch models until September.

4. nima-m thread starter macrumors newbie

Tnx for your help!!
    yes, i am not a native english speaker!! sorry!
    one more question:
    i have heared about a site named freeappalert.com/ that tells you when an application is free. i wanted to ask are the apps in this site always junk apps? or it may have some good ones.
    tnx.

5. nima-m thread starter macrumors newbie

Tnx!!