OS 4 Beta 4 battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iObama, May 28, 2010.

1. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Hello all -

I recently got an iPhone again (see my sig), and installed Beta 4 on it after about three days of having it in order to make sure all of my apps worked well on it.

I've noticed while using it as my main OS that the battery life has been HORRIBLE. I had it unplugged from 100% for not even two hours, and with about 10 texts or so, I was down to 78% battery. Push notifications were off, and I only have one push email.

Now, I remember iPhone battery life not being good, but I don't remember it being this bad. Is it beta 4, or is my iPhone's battery shot? (I bought it used, and it's about 10 months old.)

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Push Email drains batters alot my advice is get Mail Notifier it uses the push notifications instead of Push mail its alot better

3. iObama thread starter macrumors 6502

iObama

I'll check it out, but I had push email when I had an iPhone before, and I don't remember it draining my battery THAT much.

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

also make sure you dont have fetch on too. that also takes alot if you have both on.

5. Surrix macrumors regular

Upgrading from beta 3 to beta 4, I noticed this as well. I should have stuck with 3--I was very happy with it. Battery drain with beta 4 is definitely more rapid for me.