OS 4 GM after tomorrow's keynote?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jun 6, 2010.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

Is apple going to keep tradition and give us the GM early? I'd like to get it early so I can avoid the day when all their servers get overloaded, and I've done this twice now. The GM is not developer testing software, it has always been the same thing they have pushed out through itunes to regular people.

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the GM will be out tomorrow BUT this whole eligibility changing stuff is now making me think that the iPhone may release this week so we may just skip the whole GM to public release window.

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

They'll seed it to the developers after the keynote tomorrow. I am almost sure of that. I doubt they will make it available to the public until a few days prior to the phone launch like last year.

Of course, you will be able to get the GM through other means and install it, as it will be the same build Apple releases to the public.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

GM will be out before public 4.0 final, no doubt. We'll need the GM release and XCode to submit our 4.0 apps. It'll probably be tomorrow.

5. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

I hope its available tomorrow, if it is can't wait to get my hands on it

6. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't really think there is a huge correlation between changing eligibility dates and it being released on announcement.

7. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

No it won't be released tomorrow, probably next week. Devs need to submit 4.0-compatible apps to the App Store before it launches.

8. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I keep thinking that too, but then I tell myself to stop it because it's getting my hopes up. It is strange that AT&T has already changed the upgrade dates, since it didn't happen last year till a week or so before the phone came out, almost 2 weeks after WWDC and the announcement of the 3GS.

You'll be able to get your hands on it regardless. The GM WILL be out tomorrow. You may have to get it by other means though.

9. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

gm will probably be out tomorrow. i don't like the confusion on the day it actually comes out so i have a paid dev account now

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It's not strange, they learned from last year. Don't think that at&t is stupid on all fronts.

There needs to be a GM release before public release. Apps need to be tested and submitted before 4.0 is released to the public through iTunes.

11. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I downloaded the 3.0 GM and installed it manually using iTunes last time around. I was the envy of everyone at my work who had to wait a few days longer :p

12. dbitalia macrumors newbie

13. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

14. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Tell me if once you downoload the GM seed, do you still need to download the official release from apple ?

15. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It's a GM candidate, that would entirely depend on if this release winds up being the final version.

16. sharp65 macrumors 6502

17. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Does the GM candidate release require activation through Apple's server, or is that just the beta builds?

18. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Interesting what 24 hours does.

19. PhillStew macrumors member

I'm curious about this as well...I'm a registered developer, but I haven't, and probably won't pay the $99 just to be able to see if I even want to get my feet wet and start developing for iOS 4.