Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadpsycho1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
I was wondering what is the best web browser, msn, office alternative, photo programs, and other apps like this. also a place to download itunes for 0S 9 because i know version 2 will work and by the way I'm running 9.2.2 on a g3. And also what other apps do you recommend i mostly browse the web and listen to music. also I've heard about a program called light switch that adds alt tab stuff?

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
For OS 9, I reccomend Internet Explorer as a browser. I know it sounds wrong, but it worked best for me. IE 5.1 for Mac.

Umm. MSN..not sure. Office alternative? AppleWorks. Photo programs? Photoshop? I'd go to Download.com for IE & iTunes.

Why don't you just update the machine to Panther?

deadpsycho1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
I'm going to upgrade to tiger soon but i spent all my money on the laptop (pismo) so it might be awhile and just want to get it working for now and for an msn client I'll probably use the Microsoft one but as for office I was looking for something that is free for now. As for browsers what abot somthing like mozilla, iCab, or Opera. Photos I mean somthing like iPhoto and if possible for free as I wish to upgrade soon.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
deadpsycho1 said:
I was wondering what is the best web browser, msn, office alternative, photo programs, and other apps like this...
Free Mac OS 8/9 Applications:
Non-free (but cheep) Mac OS 8/9 Applications:
That should give you a good starting point. Just buying the major app titles listed would only cost $49.44 (not counting shipping). The OEM bundle (with AppleWorks 6 and Quicken 2002) and Photoshop Elements 1.0 would be pretty high on my recommendations list of Mac OS 9 users who are just starting out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.