Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
I recently got a mdd first gen dp 1ghz...im wanting to install os 9 to play around with but for whatever reason jaguar was having problems getting installed...so i went ahead and installed tiger...which is what i plan to leave on it for the time being...anyway....to my main question...on the actual reinstall discs the readme says to make sure you are running 10.2...im curious if i try to install the os9 stuff on top of tiger will it work?....dont wanna mess up my tiger install and really dont wanna search for another jaguar disc....this is a "toy" machine and i hat to sink too much time into it...just curious what would happen if I try to install os9 over tiger...and yes i did format with os9 drivers....thanks for your help!

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I recently got a mdd first gen dp 1ghz...im wanting to install os 9 to play around with but for whatever reason jaguar was having problems getting installed...so i went ahead and installed tiger...which is what i plan to leave on it for the time being...anyway....to my main question...on the actual reinstall discs the readme says to make sure you are running 10.2...im curious if i try to install the os9 stuff on top of tiger will it work?....dont wanna mess up my tiger install and really dont wanna search for another jaguar disc....this is a "toy" machine and i hat to sink too much time into it...just curious what would happen if I try to install os9 over tiger...and yes i did format with os9 drivers....thanks for your help!

Install Classic Environment on top of Mac OS X 10.4.11 or install MacOS 9 on a FlashDrive and drag the System Folder onto your existing installation. You have to partition your hard drive to boot MacOS 9 natively.

adamj575

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2011
Tennessee
thanks man...ill prolly just pass then...i kinda wanted to play around with os9 since it was before my mac experience...lol...wanted the whole os..its not like i have any os9 specific apps i need to run...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.