OS crashed and burned

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ganges, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Ganges macrumors member

Ok, so I had to do a format then reistall windows and Itunes. When I hook up my Ipad I get the message that it's synced to another Libray, and asks if I want to delete the Ipad contents, and sync to the new Library losing all my stuff! WTF? Surely Apple has a easy fix for this issue?

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Ok, what do you want to do? Not lose your stuff?

Cancel the sync request, then right click your iPad on the navigation panel and select "Transfer Purchases".

I'm not sure what exactly your situation is, or what you want to preserve, so maybe you can tell us first..

3. Ganges thread starter macrumors member

Everything, buy mainly the music library, and videos.

Thanks

BTW, I did the transfer as you said and it worked for the apps, but still need the music

4. Ganges, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

Ganges thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm, No one ever lost Itunes huh? Hard to believe

So I'm getting the feeling there is no "button" to restore Itunes from the Ipad. I've read over and over that there's no need to worry about losing digital music with Itunes because you can restore your music from the computer or the device. Now I see this isn't true. Am I right?

Please don't tell me Apple doesn't allow a simple "restore from Ipad" to recover from a hard drive failure.....

OK so now I was just told Apple doesn't allow this because the fing weasels are afraid someones going to steal or share something?

**** you Apple and Jobs. I'm selling this POS

Goodnight!

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You can always restore music from computer to device, but not from device to computer. And yes, hard drives will fail (matter of when, not if) so you should always, always make backups of your computer hard drive. And no, your iDevices aren't meant to double as your media backups.

That said, there are many third-party programs that let you copy your media from iDevice to computer. Google something like "copy music from iPad to computer" and they'll come up.