OS don't "see" Hard drive

ulfya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
Hi new member here thanks for the help in advance here is my issue:

I have an Intel MacBook (Nov 2006) I decided to install Snow Leopard OS, I did a backup using time machine did a erase drive (starting on a clean drive) and begin the installation, so far so good. Problems begin; It got to a point during installation it ask me if I wanted to install the backed up files now or later, I said now and follow the instructions about half way the system froze up I let it stay "frozen" for couple of hours and then genius here decided I unplug the backup drive and reboot the system that’s when the **** hit the fan it does not even wants to turn it on so I said “well I just reinstall the original OS”I did that now it gets to a point that I need to select install location and the hard drive it’s not there so I can't even install the original OS system. How should I proceed from here? Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long writing.

Ulf

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
Hi new member here thanks for the help in advance here is my issue:

I have an Intel MacBook (Nov 2006) I decided to install Snow Leopard OS, I did a backup using time machine did a erase drive (starting on a clean drive) and begin the installation, so far so good. Problems begin; It got to a point during installation it ask me if I wanted to install the backed up files now or later, I said now and follow the instructions about half way the system froze up I let it stay "frozen" for couple of hours and then genius here decided I unplug the backup drive and reboot the system that’s when the **** hit the fan it does not even wants to turn it on so I said “well I just reinstall the original OS”I did that now it gets to a point that I need to select install location and the hard drive it’s not there so I can't even install the original OS system. How should I proceed from here? Thanks for all the help and sorry for the long writing.

Ulf
Sounds like you forgot to format it. I've done that several times. OSX doesn't prompt you like XP does, that throws me every time, since I don't re-install OSX that often even though it's my main day to day OS (maybe because, I screw around with non-critical XP machines all the time).

Comment

ulfya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
ok lets say I did that (I don't remember) so I do fix it?

Comment

ulfya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
thanks for all the help, I toke to our local apple store it was a bad hard drive $200.00 all good now :)

Comment