OS downgrade audio help.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by StevenMacintosh, Mar 8, 2011.

1. StevenMacintosh macrumors newbie

I found out that if you upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard you needed to edit something for your audio and input to work. What if you downgrade from Snow Leopard to Leopard? None of my audio/input devices are registering.... NONE!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Your post is too vague to even begin to figure out what you are asking. What audio/input are you referring to? The built-in speakers/audio in port/headphones jack? An external audio interface? Are you trying to install an earlier version of the OS than what your computer shipped with?

3. StevenMacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

The built in speaks and mic also the headphone jack does not work. I broke my hard drive and replaced it with an older one. I originally had Snow Leopard and now have Leopard.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Ok, so if your computer shipped with 10.6, and you are running it off a hard drive with 10.5, your audio issue is to be expected because the installed drivers will not recognize hardware not supported with the 10.5 operating system. You must find your gray Mac OS X install DVDs the computer shipped with to bring your computer up to 10.6 and install software updates from the internet to get back to a usable condition.

The longer explanation for why this will not work.

5. StevenMacintosh thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have it, though. I got it from Best Buy and I don't think it came with it...

6. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The Mac Install DVDs are to be included with the computer at time of purchase, whether from Apple or from a reseller, such as Best Buy, even if the computer is sold open-box. If they were not, take it up with Best Buy if it was a recent purchase, or contact Apple to request replacements.