iPad OS for Ipad - Jailbreak App

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alvaroe16, May 7, 2014.

1. alvaroe16 macrumors newbie

I found this video and I just wanted to share it. This is a jailbreak app that makes your Ipad operating system (iOS) work like OSX. IT has multiple desktops, and multiple apps per desktop.

It is too bad that I don't jailbreak my devices, but this looks pretty cool. I wonder if we could ever expect something like this from apple... given that everyone seems to hint towards a morphing of OS with iOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFyAqj1eog

What do you think?

2. 007p macrumors 6502a

Been (being) discussed over here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1724497

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Personally, I'm not interested in having multiple small windows open on my iPad. They look too small to be of much use. Even on the 13 inch MacBook Air, I find myself using most apps full screen.

4. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

it is sweet, very fluid, performs quite well

finally we can actually give that A7 processor some real work!

5. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You should consider JB'ing. It opens an entirely new dimension of usability. With JB'ing and tools like this or f.lux, iOS becomes pretty powerful making the platform pretty much on par with custom (multiwindow etc.) Androids running on high-end Android platforms or Windows Pro.

6. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Agreed. How has OSE been treated you so far?

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Great. I, nevertheless, miss some kind of an "easy" mode - the way Quasar worked. It just takes too many taps to get all my apps shown on the same desktop, all windowed. Also, homescreen Web shortcuts (which I very frequently use) don't work either.

This is why I currently disabled it and only enable when I need genuine multitasking.

8. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Not sure what you mean about too many taps, all you'll have do is press the home button to get to all your apps.

I've been using it for awhile now, and I like it a lot. It's more about using the four-finger gestures. And I rarely use an additional desktop, but it's a nice feature nonetheless.

Out of all the great things about this tweak, their are two annoyances... First i am unable to recieve notification banners & there are occasions that the Messages app silenced the keyboard clicks inside that app.

Have you had experienced those 2 bugs? I have BiteSMS, maybe it's a an issue with that.

9. caribsa macrumors regular

Do you guys know why the springboard background is blurry? I love my wall paper but when I have this tweak on, I can't see it even when I'm on the springboard. I also have it disabled and only turn it on when I want to use it.

10. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Not sure what you mean by blurry springboard?

Single pressing the home button shows rest of the apps. But this tweak operates as a Mac.. Similar to Launchpad on the Mac, the background is blurry.