OS help

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xstaycold, Oct 1, 2011.

1. xstaycold macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry of this is in the wrong spot or if there's another section for this, I'm on my phone so navigating is a bit wonky.
    But, I just ordered a new MacBook pro 17:p

I haven't used an O/S made by apple in probably 12 years, since they had the big translucent neon colored iMacs. Anyways my laptop will be here in about a week and I'm just wondering if anybody knows any good links or books that gives an in depth look at The Mac OS. Like possibly a nice list of keyboard shortcuts, tips, and just some info to make the time I spend on my MacBook a lot more efficient. Just any useful information on gettin my sealegs with this territory thats so long forgotten

2. xstaycold thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! All 3 links are some great sources

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Welcome To The Dark Side

Again! You are going to love your newbie, and your in the right place for help here!

PS:

Don't forget the Applecare....You know it makes sense:)

4. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Books to read

Here are some books to look for:

Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual by David Pogue (not out yet). Pogue's missing manual books are great.

Mac OS X Lion Pocket Guide by Chris Seibold. (Published) I've glanced over the book. It seem to good for beginners.

Switching to the Mac: The Missing Manual, Lion Edition by David Pogue (not out yet) Again The Missing Manual books are great, and this one is for switchers. :)

Mac OS X Lion Bible by Galen Gruman (Know nothing about this book)

Mac OS X Lion For Dummies (For Dummies) by Bob LeVitus (Know nothing about this book, but the Dummies books have always been good books.)

Those are just a few I found on Amazon. NOTE: I have no ties to Amzon whats so ever. For those that are out, you might be able to find them at your local library.

Hugh