os & ilife question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by billyjoegibsonx, Oct 25, 2008.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

I'm just a few days new to everything mac! I just got my first mac and i'd feel pretty bummed out if the next ilife came out pretty soon and i hear that snow leopards not far away. My question is, will i be able to buy ilife and "snow leopard" from my apple shop and install them onto my mac no problem ?

2. macmike22 macrumors regular

Im pretty sure you'll be able to.. as long as you have the system requirements.

3. timestoby macrumors 6502

oh man,i just get a mac and there are coming out with a new os? how much would it be?

4. macmike22 macrumors regular

The current is around 80£ (i think), and their is apparently little chance of a price change... so around 80£
    (130$)

5. ant-macyourself macrumors member

Don't expect to see an iLife update until Macworld in January at the very earliest. Upgrades for iLife are about $80. As for Snow Leopard, Apple said it would ship "about a year" from WWDC this past June, so we're probably looking in the April-October 2009 range. As the previous poster said, past OS X updates have cost $130 and this one will most likely be the same.

And you can rest easy because any new Mac that Apple is selling now will be able to handle both the next iLife and Snow Leopard with no problem.