OS is stalling/crashing after complete wipe and re-build.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LDupepe, Mar 17, 2010.

1. LDupepe macrumors newbie

I would really appreciate any advice on this. I have zapped PRAM, repaired disk on MAC HD (from startup disk), and erased and re-installed OS X.5 and still crashing. I brought it in and all the hardware checked out. I feel the Genius's at the Genius Bar half-assed it. I want to say my logic board is failing because, when I go to retrieve any files from my Back Up (time machine external HD) it crashes, when I go to load FCP software (from disk) it crashes. I even do a simple task as import an MP3 into iTunes and I get the pinwheel for 20-30 minutes before registering. I even just got one while typing this post.

Is there any other solutions here?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Did you run the Apple Hardware Test from your boot DVD?

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

RAM problem?

If you have more than one stick, remove them until you only have one and run it a while. Shut down and swap sticks. Does the same problem occur with all sticks individually, or just one?

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Same happened on an older G4 Mini I have. Turned out to be a failing hard drive. I replaced it and all is fine now.

As a test boot from an external disk and run off that for a while. If that fixes the problem then buy a replacement internal drive.