OS Lion not loading web sites???

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacSketcher, Mar 29, 2012.

1. MacSketcher macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I JUST upgraded to Lion about a week ago (i know, late to the party right?) and things have been dandy up until recently. I've noticed lately that some websites won't load (adobe.com) and that torrent trackers will download torrents but will not upload them. I had never had this issue until i upgraded...i'm thinking it's a proxy issue but i'm not entirely sure....any help would really be great, thanks guys

2. MacSketcher thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply, however i tried both changes to my DNS and neither worked. adobe.com still is not loading and i'm sure that torrents (havent tried since i don't have any atm) still won't upload.

any further advice???

if it helps i am currently living in South Korea...but i've been here for over a year now and before installing lion i had no problems with this.

I also did recently buy a new wireless router, but i've been connected to the internet at other locations (both wirelessly and through cable) and still have the same issue.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you reset your router, as recommended? Did you check your DNS settings on both your computer and the router?

4. MacSketcher thread starter macrumors newbie

have not reset my router DNS yet (at work) but, would the router DNS still affect me even when i'm connected to other networks outside of my home, that had worked in the past?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Obviously, your router won't affect your Mac when you're connected to other networks. If the DNS settings in your computer aren't an issue, you should look at whatever router you're connected to. You can also check any ad-blockers you have installed that may be interfering.

6. MacSketcher thread starter macrumors newbie

thought not ;-)

but to provide more information, i'm not using any pop-up blockers other than the one built into chrome/safari. i'm not running any special firewall (just the standard mac one) and i do have it set up to allow chrome/safari. i've also tried directly connecting into the ethernet port in my wall, with no success.

adobe.com still doesn't load, and torrents still won't upload.

should i try an apple support call/chat?

thanks for the help btw, i appreciate it.