OS lion on Core 2 duo imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jacksoncmc835, Aug 2, 2011.

1. jacksoncmc835 macrumors member

For some time now i have had mixed feeling about os lion some feautres i like and other i dont...

I have not updated and cant decide if im going to or not...

whats your thoughs on the new os and is it worth upgrading or sould i just stick with SL

Attached Files:

2. SawceBaws macrumors member

Stick with SL till a few updates come out for Lion.

3. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member

that what i was planning on doing, what major problems are there at the moment? what set os lion apart form SL is it fast or about the same beisde the few new features?

4. Dresevski macrumors 6502

It's not going to make your computer feel much faster, if that's what you're looking for. There are some good reviews of it around and it is probably best to wait for a bit before updating.

5. SawceBaws macrumors member

I dunno, fawk.

You're≥ on a site filled with answers, and theres always google.

Be moar productive pl0x.

6. aepple macrumors member

So what'd you do when the next update comes, and the next one, and so on... Lion may not please everyone right now, but its the start of something new, and setting up for what's ahead.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/the_future_of_the_mac_after_lion/

[​IMG]
    Its Time Now

7. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member

i dont usally mind reading and searching but dont feel like reading hundred of pages atm... great link, while i am not a computer pro if apple goes as predicted by this source idk if its going to be worth the invesment in future.... only time will tell

8. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

Lion runs fine on my iMac (24" / 2.93 GHz / 4GB RAM). It takes slightly longer to wake from sleep (I see the same thing on my MBA), but in general, performance seems to be unaffected. The only noticeable difference has been Mission Control and the new gestures, but if you can get beyond the Internet Rage, then those quickly become second nature.

9. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member

true that i likw mission control and the auto save with copies as you edit a document but a mjaor selling point is gester which is probally really nice on the laptop but has not use on an imac

10. aepple macrumors member

Most problems with updates lets talk Lion, are the individual computers problem not Lion itself. Tons of people treat thie computers like dumping grounds, i know because i see it. Apple does not release updates to accommodate everything on all computers.

What that said, its a known issue that some THIRD party Apps/programs may not run well with Lion, i loaded Lion on one of my Mac Pro's (3yrs old) with NO problem and it runs great, yet some speak of problems.

Before updating my computer i always run a disk repair, back-up, and do a soft reset (reboot) before installing any updates.

http://is.gd/AeppleOnFacebook