OS Mavericks clean install problems

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Jayden7309, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jayden7309 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Recently i restored my macbook pro running mavricks (formatting the hard drive)
    as i went to reinstall OS X Mavricks 10.9 it told me to select the drive i would like to have the os installed on then enter my apple id i did that but it just returns me to the page where i select the drive.

Any Thoughts?

2. Jayden7309 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any thoughts guys?
    i really need this problem solved!

3. NickPerk macrumors member

The fresh install of Mavericks is broken, as I've attempted to do the same thing multiple times. You'll enter your Apple ID and it just goes back to select the drive. I believe it's in part of Apple wanting to validate the purchase of the operating system via the Mac App Store. You'll have to downgrade via internet recovery and then upgrade to Mavericks.

4. Jayden7309 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. NickPerk macrumors member

You're going to want to shutdown and boot up your Mac, while starting up press Command+Option+R, and this will boot into Internet Recovery mode, which will download ML and once downloaded will restart and boot into setup for ML.

6. Jayden7309 thread starter macrumors newbie

When ever i boot op doing that it just goes to the osx Utilities?

----------

Dont worry its doing it now!
    how long should this take?

7. NickPerk macrumors member

Ok glad to hear, personally it's taken around twenty minutes, but it all varies on so many variables like your internet connection, who else it pinging the servers, ect. So I'd be comfortable with saying around an hour to download and another thirty to install.