OS Mavericks .EXE Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crabinow16, Dec 7, 2013.

1. crabinow16 macrumors newbie

Hi All-

First post here glad I found this place. I was using wine before i upgraded to Mavericks. I saw that there was another thread about this issue but the solution was a little more technical then i can Understand. I tried installing Xquartz and then the wine(stable) from the .konigsberg site but when i tried opening my .exe it just sat there and thought. I saw that the last thread had something about binary files but since aim not that computer literate i was a little lost. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as my new job has a CBT program and of course they formatted it in the .exe

Appreciate the help

Chad

2. meme1255 macrumors 6502

3. crabinow16 thread starter macrumors newbie

so i looked at wineskin and it seems like it will work but aim unsure of how to proceed. I have quartz but what do i do once i have wineskin downloaded. I know i need to open the .exe somehow.

4. meme1255 macrumors 6502

Open Wineskin Winery. Create wrapper. Launch wrapper. Install your program and afterwards wine tricks, if necessary.