Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joehascol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone notice this in mission control? Noticeable stutter and frame rate drop when using gestures. I'm running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). I'm wondering if a clean install would help.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
It works great on my old late 2013 13 inch (now my used by my gf), even with many windows open and no mitigations like turning off transparency. Not sure what's up with yours but if you can do so without too much pain a clean install would be a good place to start. Better to start at a known good state, if at all possible.

Blue Sun

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2009
Australia
Anyone notice this in mission control? Noticeable stutter and frame rate drop when using gestures. I'm running a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013). I'm wondering if a clean install would help.
Try logging in using a Guest account. That should indicate whether its a problem with the installation itself or merely user generated files/settings.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA

I experienced this as well, for about 6 hours after my install. Right after the install, there is a lot of activity surrounding the Photos app. In Sierra, Photos are analyzed him categorized, and this takes a lot of processing power immediately after the installation. In my case, about six hours after the install, all of that was finished in the interface work smoothly again. I would suggest you simply let your machine run for a few hours, or overnight, and see if things improve. Also, you could check your activity monitor to see what apps are using processing power. In my case, there was a subroutine called photoanalysis or something like that that was cranking away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.