OS stop working (maybe an ssd malfunction?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marnuc, Apr 8, 2012.

1. marnuc macrumors member

Hi,

Since yesterday I have troubles with my mac os partition, I get a lot beach balls, and the system sometimes get freeze, I think it might be my crucial m4, but before this I havent got this issues, but the strange thing is that my windows partition works without any problems.

Do you guys know what can this be, I have the ssd since october.

Thanks,

2. marnuc thread starter macrumors member

any ideas? I just reinstall lion but still the same beachballs issues.

3. Black107 macrumors regular

I'm having the same issue. Started happening about 2-3 days ago on my (up until then) flawless MacPro with M4 128GB. I have 0009 firmware. I read that after a certain amount of operating hours (~5400) the m4 goes into some weird power save mode or something after ONE hour of operation. Apparently there's a firmware update out for it, I've updated to 000F, we'll see if it helps...

4. marnuc thread starter macrumors member

Hi, I managed to fix it in sort of a rare way, in my macbook pro, I have the ssd and the HDD that came with it, what I did is format the HDD and everything fixed, I had my home folder in the HDD so I guess something happened that made the HDD faulty. But I wasn't sure and already ordered a samsung 830 which I am using now, and the crucial will leave to my PC. The strange thing is that on windows it worked without problems.

5. Black107 macrumors regular

Updating to the 000F firmware fixed my issue.

6. marnuc thread starter macrumors member

interesting, thanks for the tip.