OS stuck on white screen after rebooting

jca69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Vancouver, BC
One more issue with Mavericks...can't wait to install the 10.9.whatever!

Lately the OS has been freezing every other day till one day this week, it decided not to reboot completely and gets stuck on the white screen with the logo. The pointer is there, it moves but it stays there forever.

The funny this is that if I reboot with Command V or any other option, then it reboots ok. So it seems it needs some little motivation to get started. Anyone experienced this?

okizen

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2012
One more issue with Mavericks...can't wait to install the 10.9.whatever!

Lately the OS has been freezing every other day till one day this week, it decided not to reboot completely and gets stuck on the white screen with the logo. The pointer is there, it moves but it stays there forever.

The funny this is that if I reboot with Command V or any other option, then it reboots ok. So it seems it needs some little motivation to get started. Anyone experienced this?
Try a clean re-install.

CarreraGuy

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2013
Does this only happen on startup? Try resetting the nvram?

If it happens randomly *after* startup then you might have a different (i.e. more serious) problem.

jca69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Does this only happen on startup? Try resetting the nvram?

If it happens randomly *after* startup then you might have a different (i.e. more serious) problem.
No at startup, now it's mostly after. Last night, when I went back home, it was frozen, the mouse pointer was movign though, but the screen was just black.

:eek: More serious, like what?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.