OS won't load

Discussion in 'macOS' started by giyad, Apr 24, 2008.

1. giyad macrumors regular

I was reading some RSS feeds today when Safari unexpectedly quit. I reopened it, and it quit again. I figured I may just need to restart my computer, so I did. But now I can't get the OS to load. It passes the point of startup, I put in my password and then it just doesn't do anything after that. The keyboard and mouse function but thats it. What do I do (I'm running Tiger)??

I tried removing the battery, that didn't work.

Also, I can log in as guest but not as administrator....

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Start up from the OS install disc by putting the disk in and holding down the letter C as soon as you hit the power button. Once the installer screen appears, open up the Disk Utility program from the menu bar. Run a disk verify and a permissions verify and if you see an error then do a repair on whichever had the error.

3. giyad thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, im sure thats the best solution and that it would probably work too... the only problem is my sister through out my install disc with my macbook box, so what do i do :(?? I specifically told her not to throw it out too!!!:mad:

4. kant macrumors 6502

Doesn't help you fix your computer, but as for the sister, do what I do: She cleaned my closet out many, many years ago with I was a kid. She decided that I was "too old" for comics. For the last ten years I've told her the going rate for an Amazing Spiderman #2 at least once a month.

Make her buy you a retail version of the OS. That'll teach her not to throw your stuff out anymore. :)

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

His sister cleaned out your closet 10 years ago, kant? ;)

6. kant macrumors 6502

Hmmm. I guess I did leave the pronoun a tad unclear. *shrug*

but it was more than 10 years ago.

May 1963 : SMURF 002.500 : NM ($5200.00)

Mine wasn't mint, but I'd say it was in good to very good. :)