OS X 10.10.2 and GeForce 780 Ti

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by pixelatednoise, Apr 1, 2015.

1. pixelatednoise macrumors newbie

Hey guys, New to Macrumors but I managed to get a GeForce 780 Ti installed on my mac pro 5,1 using internal power supply (I actually have 2 780 TI's that I would like to install). Im afraid the internal isn't enough to power it when I push the card and I want to install the second and run both off a 1000 watt corsair PSU. But whenever I connect it to the PSU the machine won't turn on. When its connected to the internal power it boots. What gives? Any help would be appreciated as I would love to run both these cards with enough power for GPU Rendering.

2. MacVidCards Suspended

google "paperclip trick psu"

lots of research to be done that will help

3. pixelatednoise, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015

pixelatednoise thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. Thanks for the input will give this a try! Now i have to figure out how to have OS X see the CUDA. right now they read the cards but CUDA isn't being supported or seen

UPDATE: All my wires are black!!! errrr

UPDATE 2: Managed to get the CUDA up and running had to install and old CUDA driver and then install the most recent. Kinda a pain as I had to search for the oldest one that had the 780 ti driver in it.

Now I am up and running once I find a paperclip and based on the photos Ive seen I will use the 4th hold from the right and the 5th from the right since the cable isn't color coded.