OS X 10.11.3 Bug

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Jerhen, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Jerhen macrumors regular

I just discovered what I think is a bug in OS X 10.11.3 after updating today. It isn't a major bug but it is just a UI bug that should be fixed. If you have safari open and open a new tab and the new tab is the favorites tab, open your downloads folder in your dock (make sure you have a few things in it, I have 5 documents in mine). It lags pretty badly. Am I the only one with this issue? On other safari tabs, it doesn't lag, it just lags under the favorites tab. It is really weird and I am wondering if anyone else noticed this? If it is a bug, could someone report it to Apple to fix it? I wish I could report it to them but I am not under the public beta or developer. Respond back if anyone else is having this issue.

2. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

No issues here, but UI lag drives me batty so that sucks.

3. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

Is isn't something that is to major but it still is pretty noticeable.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

I could not duplicate this, and my downloads folder has upwards of 90 items in it.

5. jonobin macrumors regular

it seems that it's consuming more battery than .2

6. Jerhen thread starter macrumors regular

Which Mac model are you using? For me it seems that battery life stayed the same or got a little bit better.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 20, 2016 ---
    It is really weird that my Mac is the only one that is doing it. It is very noticeable and I thought that it was probably a bug.

7. jonobin macrumors regular

2015 13" macbook pro.
    I think that the .3 has introduces some new routines with safari, the previous average energetic impact was about 50-70, now it's over 120 (from activity monitor).

8. anzio macrumors 6502

It's not just you. I can reproduce the UI lag on my MacBook Pro 15" Retina while using the internal display and the Intel HD 4000 GPU; however, if I kick in the NVIDIA 650M GPU, it's very smooth. Safari has to be the forefront app, otherwise, it's very smooth as well.

9. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

In El Cap, I have this dumb lag issue with the applications folder.

Open and wait 5, 10, sometimes 20 seconds before apps appear:

dumb.png

10. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

Not normal. Can it be that you have a bad file system? You can always run ”First Aid” on your OS X startup disk, but otherwise I recommend DiskWarrior for fixing/re-building bad OS X (HFS+) drives.

11. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Try a safe start:
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18760?viewlocale=en_US

This empties all OS caches.

The problem disappears usually after 1 or 2 days.

12. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

Good suggestion. This also does a "file system check" (i.e. like running First Aid in Disk Utility) on the OS X startup disk.