OS X 10.11.5?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by kathryne_B, Apr 28, 2016.

1. kathryne_B macrumors regular

kathryne_B

When will the OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan be available for us regular people (other than developers)? I've found out that the Safari browser isn't working right with the last update (10.11.4), for a sight I usually visit. Anyone know? Thank you for a response, it's appreciated! -KT

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I don't know how many of such threads are in this forum. But, 10.11.5 will come as it is the right time to come. aka, no one in here knows when it will come. As a few forum members stated long time ago: Apple is not releasing software through a fixed timetable. So later or earlier are both acceptable and should be anticipated.

I currently have no obvious issue on Safari. But if you are not comfortable with it, I would recommend you to use other browsers like Firefox or Google Chrome until next beta/official release goes out.

3. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Hi,

Thanx for your reply, Shirasaki. Yes, I already use the Chrome and Firefox browser, but I feel more comfortable using Safari. The problem with Safari isn't any big deal, but it started about 2 months ago, whenever I use the Bing Translator. The translator (on Bing) works fine, but when I click on the 'sound button' to have what it has translated read back, there is no sound coming out. The sound was doing fine 2 months ago, before I did update to the latest version of OS X 10.11.4. Anyway, thanx again!

4. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

No need to go for the whole 10.11.5 beta. You may try the Safari Technology preview first. It separates from the OS and it won't replace the original Safari. So, it won't mess up anything.

5. HallStevenson macrumors 6502

HallStevenson

I wouldn't presume that the next OS update will fix that issue either unless someone has tested and confirmed it.

6. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

"Regular people (other than developers)" can get the 10.11.5 betas too. There is a public beta program and so you don't have to be a developer to get them: https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

7. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Have we eliminated other sources of interference with this function on the Bing website?

8. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Sources like? Would you like to expand on this? Thank you.

9. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Stuff like add-ons, clear history and website data, and have you taken any of the relevant steps in:
    I mean, if this is only happening because of the latest update that's one thing, but I was just wondering if other avenues have been explored.

10. kathryne_B, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016

kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Well, now that you've listed some of the avenues, yes, I did check them out, but to now avail. Did not produce any results as I had wanted. Thanx!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    Like I mentioned before, the Bing Translator feature which I've pointed out, was working well, w/o having updated the system. As soon as I did, Bing no longer worked. Thanx for your input.

11. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Great! Now, where do I go for that? Have a link? Thank you!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    Great! And where would I go for that? Have a link? Thank you!

12. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Thank you so much for the link, but alas, it didn't work. Thanx again!
    --- Post Merged, May 1, 2016 ---
    Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I'm still stuck with a Bing Translator that partially works and doesn't look like it's going to budge. Have a great Sunday!

13. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Have you tried the Google translator? Maybe it will suit your needs (and actually work)

14. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B

Hi DeltaMac:

Yes, I have tried it before and it works, but I much prefer Bing, because the Google translator doesn't have the capability of being able to change the voices from male to female, at least that I found. I may start using the Google one instead, however. Thanx for your response.

15. mag01 macrumors regular

16. kathryne_B thread starter macrumors regular

kathryne_B