Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tampasteve

macrumors 6502
Original poster
First post for a lurker!

I have a PowerMac G4 733 MHz processor, 1.5GB , 140GB HDD Quicksilver running OS X 10.3.9 and I am contemplating upgrading it to Tiger. Would you recommend this, and if so what is the best source for the software?

I should add, or would I be better off keeping Panther on this machine?

Last edited:

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
New to the forum....I do not have enough posts on this site to PM yet. Can you PM me? Otherwise I will get there soon, I am sure.

No, he can't, you cannot receive PMs yet.

I am sure that you can purvey your pearls of wisdom across at least three posts, and then you will be able to PM.

Jethryn Freyman

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2007
Australia
Tiger is easy to find, it's a nice step up. Leopard is better, you've got a PMG4, I'd recommend a fresh install of Leopard actually if you can get a hold of it and make sure you got 512MB+ memory and a Core Image capable graphics card.

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
Thanks for the tips everyone. I appreciate the responses, I suppose that right now I will keep an eye on ebay and Amazon to see if any deals on Tiger or Leopard come up.

send me an email at ice dot ginandoy at me dot com and I suppose I can help you with either Leopard or Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.