OS X 10.5.2 released?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by manu chao, Feb 9, 2008.

1. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

2. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Shame, but their link to the downloads page on apple.com still shows 10.5.1. Doesn't show in Software Update either. It must be imminent though ;)

3. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Spoof?! Who knows! Let's hope it's on its way. Nothing in software update for me either....

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

nothing showing here in the uk 12.27pm,im off for a pint

oooh oh no just got a pop up new update for firefox 2.0.0.12 ready for anyone who's got the update
    blues

5. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

This one must be fake. As far as I can recall, Apple never released such an update on a Saturday morning.

6. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I got that last night. Scared the living sh*t out of me since I was watching a video and just popped up out of nowhere LOL.

Nothing new to update on my "software update" neither.

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Well I hope that kid from macsimum news gets sent to bed without any supper

8. kolax macrumors G3

9. amoda macrumors 6502a

This seems like it's just a way to add traffic.

Why I think so:

With an update Apple always writes a brief and extremely vague description of the update. I'm not sure about macsimumnews but at least here and appleinsider they usually just copy and paste that when posting this news in the front page.

Here instead of doing that they link to another older page of theirs that is full of RUMORS of the 10.5.2 update. If it really was released why would they do that? Why not either post Apple's description or just make a brief comment on what they found out after installing the update.

10. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Dont forget to repair disk permissions :)

11. Jetmart macrumors newbie

Jetmart

What exactly does this do?

Dont forget to repair disk permissions

12. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Repairing the disk permissions is something that should be done before and after an upgrade, or when something doesn't work right. The systems keeps track of the correct permissions for all system files and during the verification process checks if these files have the appropriate permissions. The system knows the correct permissions by keeping catalog files. Having said that, I hope you understood the joke I made before as I told to the user who "upgraded" to 10.5.2 go check the permissions :)

13. kabunaru Guest

14. Mr. Funsocks macrumors regular

I sincerely hope the update is here. Then we could see new macbook pros this Tuesday!

15. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

It's not, I would expect however that we see it before next Friday (the 15th), especially if development is winding down and additional seeds are only 1 revision higher.

16. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well, they've removed the story.

My best guess would be that they were preparing a story so that they'd be ready to release it as soon as the update dropped, but they accidentally published it. They don't actually know anything about the timeframe...they're just eagerly anticipating it like everyone else.