OS X 10.5.6 Software Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by helical, Feb 24, 2009.

1. helical macrumors member

helical

I know when 10.5.6 was first released there was a number of reports of downloads not being completed fully and as a result many peoples installs being messed up/stalling. Because of this i have held back and not installed the update yet.

Has anyone installed the update recently via Software Update? And if so any problems?

(I'll be upgrading from 10.5.5.)

Thanks in advance :)

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

I didn't have any problems at all. The install was just as easy as any other update I have had through Software Update.

I would go ahead and try to install it.

3. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

If you're concerned, you might consider just downloading and running the combo update for 10.5.6. Probably wouldn't hurt, and assuming you verify your download, that should ease your concerns about a partially-downloaded update.

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

this happended becuase users had a connection problem in Software Update and the uncompleted update was installed.

this may have initially been because so many users where downloading the update at once and so a back-end problem or it could also have also been a front-end problem with the user's connection.

i had no problems so i will say that its fine to use Software Update. or to be safe you can download the Delta (10.5.5 -> 1.5.6) or the Combo update (10.5.x -> 10.5.6) from Apple.