OS X 10.5.7 wallpapers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drjuice, Jun 3, 2009.

1. drjuice macrumors member

I have a unibody MacBook with a native resolution of 1280x800. I downloaded several wallpapers from interfacelift.com all at 1280x800 and whenever I use them as wallpapers they appear either scaled up and pixelated or severely scaled down (at "Fit to screen" and "Center" respectively). Previously I had a 17" PowerBook at 1440x900 and didn't have that issue. I've imported the images into Aperture and according to the metadata they are in fact the 1280x800 versions, so why aren't they displaying properly when applied as desktop backgrounds?

2. allan.nyholm macrumors 6502a

allan.nyholm

What about Fill Screen? I'm not sure what the deal is to be honest. Have you tried a higher resolution wallpaper than your actual desktop? I use wallpapers designed for 30inch despite only having a 24inch monitor. But I do sometimes acquire a wallpaper that is "only" 1920x1200 and those display fine with the Fill Screen option.

3. drjuice thread starter macrumors member

Even on "Fill screen" they still appear blurry, and even some higher-res images appear the same way. If I display the image full-size in Firefox and use the "Set as desktop background" option, they appear fine, it only seems to be when I import them into Aperture and then apply them. Weird.