OS X 10.5.8 Startup always have to select HD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maximumsportz, Jan 21, 2011.

1. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Out of no where, this morning when I turned on my macbook instead of going start to the apple start up screen it came up to a screen with the Macintosh HD icon with a arrow pointing to it. Once you choose the arrow it loads fine but its a pain in the but all the time.

How can this just happen out of no where? How can I restore it to automatically chose the HD like it did before?

I even tried going into sys perfs and reselecting the start up disk restart and same thing, did this several times with no luck..

2. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

I don't have a good answer for you, but did you try resetting the parameter RAM by rebooting and immediately holding down the command key, the option key, the "P" key, and the "R" key all at the same time until the computer chimes and reboots? Maybe something got corrupt and that will clear it out.

3. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Ya I tried that the first time, still doing it. Everything else runs fine... There has to be a way to remove this!! :mad:

4. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Did you try fsck and Disk Warrior? Maybe a file got corrupt that causes OS X to not immediately recognize the disk as having an OS. The only other thing I can think of is to run the OS X 10.5.8 Combo Updater in the hopes that it will put things right. Sorry, kind of weak suggestions but it's hard to tell what's happening with your system.

5. maximumsportz thread starter macrumors regular

Running fsck now and will do Disk Warrior and report. Thanks!