OS X 10.6.8 won't run my printer properly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Roddyjb, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Roddyjb macrumors newbie

I have an HP Deskjet 932C
    I can print from my Imac, but the quality is not sharp enough when I print anything with a barcode, the bar-code can't be read.
    I don't seem to be able to adjust the print quality.
    If I fire up my dying laptop, the print quality can be easily adjusted & it prints fine on the same printer & the bar code can be scanned.
    On the Imac, it does not give me a print quality option such as BEST, NORMAL or DRAFT.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

3. Roddyjb thread starter macrumors newbie

4. tampasteve macrumors 6502

I had a similar problem with a Panasonic printer, the thread is here:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1680684

Basically the Panasonic printer I have will not support anything over 10.5 as it is an older machine. I have 10.7 on my Mac Pro. So, I did a major search and came across the Linux Foundation that has printer drivers available for download. Now my printer will work some of the time...but not always. It is maddening. But replacing the network printer is not in the cards right now, especially since I have the only Mac in the office.

5. Roddyjb thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got this Imac and have been fighting this issue for weeks with no luck.

6. tampasteve macrumors 6502

7. Roddyjb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I downloaded Gluten 5.2.10 it & will try it tomorrow.
    Rod

8. chrfr macrumors 603

That's probably what your printer is using now; it's included with OS X and has a completely different set of configuration options than the original drivers do. You could certainly experiment with the options in the driver but you may find that you need a new printer to get the quality of output that you want.

9. Roddyjb thread starter macrumors newbie

Tomorrow i will need the printer to print a readable bar-code so will see then I guess. I don't have any to print today.
    Rod

10. dail8448138225 macrumors newbie

printing problem

I have also the same printing issue. Help me to solve my issue.