OS X 10.7 Firewall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brianecclpark, Jul 12, 2012.

1. brianecclpark macrumors newbie

i don't know if this is specific to os x. i don't think anybody else is having this problem.

whenever i use the facebook video call, my firewall pops up asking if i want to allow this application to blah blah blah and i accept it. i am getting very tired of this, so i finally went into my firewall preferences to add it to the exceptions--but because it's a .bundle it wouldn't let me add it.

google+ hang outs don't cause the same problems, so i thought i'd try moving the bundle. previously it was stored in username/library/internet plug ins/facebook.bundle (i'm too lazy to look up the names of the actual directories but you catch my drift).

all my other internet plug ins (like the google+ one) were in macintosh hd/library/internet plug ins/ so i moved it here. but it still prompts me to accept or deny it whenever i start the video calling app.

i haven't restarted my computer yet so idk if that'll help

make it go away......

2. AlexBass macrumors regular

As you said, try restarting (I know it's quite simple)

If nothing changes, and if you have Skype, try adding that to the list of exceptions. It might help.

3. brianecclpark thread starter macrumors newbie

skype is already on the list. tested it on my roommate's 10.6 and it has the same issue, so i'm not sure if it's just a global issue. i will let you know if it still persists when i get home.

does anyone else have this show up every time too?

4. brianecclpark thread starter macrumors newbie