Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by 9to5Mac, Apple today seeded build 12E47 of OS X 10.8.4 to developers. The release comes eight days after the previous build 12E40, and marks the sixth beta iteration of OS X 10.8.4.

12e47.jpg
As with previous beta releases, Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Graphics Drivers, and Safari.

The update is available through the software update tool in the Mac App Store and Apple's Developer Page.

Article Link: OS X 10.8.4 Build 12E47 Seeded to Developers

tdtran1025

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2011
12E40 graphics drivers are buggy and affect both ATI and NVidia platform. I don't know anout Intel since not available.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
12E40 graphics drivers are buggy and affect both ATI and NVidia platform. I don't know anout Intel since not available.

They are still buggy.

I mean I don't have a developer account nor have downloaded any 10.8.4 build, but yes they are certainly still buggy.

They are always buggy.:(

Scellow

Suspended
May 6, 2013
As usual, focus on Wifi, Safari and Graphics driver, this is too large ! we need detail apple, what you already fixed ? which thing needed to be fixed.. Apple wont pay for engiener and let developer find bugs for free ... sad

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Another "hope this fixes..." post but I sincerely hope this update fixes the ridiculously long time it takes my top-spec late 2012 iMac to wake from sleep using Bluetooth inputs. It drives me crazy.

Also, my computer rarely goes to sleep automatically like all my previous Macs have done even though I have it set in System Preferences.

Sonic

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2006
Hope this fixes the following (on RMBP)...

1. Constantly super-choppy Mission Control
2. Occasional weird graphical glitches in Safari (flickering images when scrolling, usually when quite a few tabs open)
3. The Safari 'super text slowdown' bug, not sure what triggers it, makes typing virtually impossible

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I was planning to do a clean reinstall this weekend and downgrade to 10.8.2 because 10.8.3 has brought on some terrible wake from sleep crashes. I'm tempted to try this build beforehand just to see if it will help.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Hope this fixes the following (on RMBP)...

1. Constantly super-choppy Mission Control
What programs are you using? I've noticed lagginess in mission control only when using certain programs (Word). I currently have the App store, contacts, mail, calendar, reminders, notes, messages, safari, iTunes, and Preview up and there's no lag whatsoever. Obviously, one can't help using programs they need, but I'm just curious if people are noticing this too.

dkouts

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
Steadily approaching OS XI.

Wonder if they'll re-engineer it new from ground up or keep tweaking X as it is.

I have an uneasy feeling 11 is going to be the OS they finally ditch a file-based system.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
Steadily approaching OS XI.

Wonder if they'll re-engineer it new from ground up or keep tweaking X as it is.

I have an uneasy feeling 11 is going to be the OS they finally ditch a file-based system.

I thought so too, before the rumor of a improved finder for 10.9 came up. Why in God's name would they revamp it and then ditch it one year later? It doesn't make sense, it really does not.

Apple does giveth then taketh, but so soon? Nah, they will get rid of it for something like iOS has but it's further off.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I hope this fixes the slow shut down times...

This has been beaten to death.

It's not a bug, it's a "feature". It has to do with the fact that some Apple processes don't just shut down. According to a lot of people, that's by design.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
OK, this bug has annoyed me for ages - it's a massively obvious one so I'd like to know if you all experience it too.

1. In Safari, type some text in a text field (it can be any text field - the reply box on this forum, Google search box, Facebook status field, whatever).

2. Zoom in to the page by pinching your fingers apart on a multi-touch trackpad.

3. Now try and use the arrow keys to move the text cursor around - on my system, you can't see the cursor move at all.

Everyone else experience that? Annoys the hell out of me. I always zoom in to text fields.

----------

This has been beaten to death.

It's not a bug, it's a "feature". It has to do with the fact that some Apple processes don't just shut down. According to a lot of people, that's by design.

Link for more information? I'm interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.