OS X 10.9.2 Bug fixes and changes.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by DavidBlack, Dec 19, 2013.

1. DavidBlack, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013

DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Apple just released OS X 10.9.2 to developers, that was quick. Just wondering what bugs you guys find along the way as well as some changes. I hope they bring Facetime Audio calling to OS X.

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Apple has not released 10.9.2. They're working on it, though, which should not be a surprise.

3. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

Yeah. It's got FaceTime Audio.

4. kvnfo macrumors member

With this release I can no longer archive emails (mail app) with gmail account linked. Can anyone check to see if it's working.

5. z06gal macrumors 6502

10.9.2 is blazing fast for me. The only issue I have is it blew out dockmod. ;)

6. 2trout macrumors member

they have, to DEVELOPERS, I just downloaded it, so far it seems good.

7. Blue Sun macrumors 6502a

What about this update is fast? UI animations? Bootup? General app responsiveness?

8. z06gal macrumors 6502

All of the above so far

9. 2trout macrumors member

same here, I have an SSD, it was fast on bootup before, about 9s, now it is down to about 6s, and yes, everything seems to happen much faster.
    As to beach ball, on the odd occasion, only for a split second though, almost miss it its that quick.

10. Sgtarky macrumors regular

I hope they fixed safari , it is too slugglish I went to chrome.

11. TheBacklash macrumors 6502

TheBacklash

I still have the time machine failing to backup issue (10.9.1) Fixed in 10.9.2?
    Every other issue i had with 10.9.0 has been fixed.. TM failing is all that I have left (have to restart Mac to get it to work again)

12. chrfr macrumors 603

I suspect that isn't a bug. I've got several computers all backing up with Time Machine in various configurations and all work fine.

13. TheBacklash macrumors 6502

TheBacklash

No it's one of the bugs, not the only one with it.
    Either here or in the apples discussions it's listed.

Basically I'll get the "Failed to backup" message, can't even eject the drive in finder or disk utility. Reboot mac, all is fine. After updating to 10.9.1 everything was fine.. until last night.

I'm thinking it's a bug in Finder not just time machine.

14. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Same experience here. Thought it was my eyes, but everything seems more responsive. Apps load quicker (especially Safari) and it feels more 'snappy'.

----------

Er, read the front page much. It's been released to developers.

15. kissmo macrumors 6502a

They fixed - looks like - the LaunchPad scrolling bug some people (including myself) experienced.

Overall after 3 hours of usage seems faster. Animations are faster - and by that I mean higher frame rate at least on my Early 2011 17 Inch MBP.

I had similar experience with 10.9.0 but it degraded in time. Let's see how this one turns out to be.

16. Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

The fact that they released the update to developers doesn't mean that everything is set in stone. Things might change beore GA. Therefore I wouldn't say "It is released".

17. slide023, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013

slide023 macrumors member

slide023

I noticed a little slower boot maybe 3 or 4 spins of the gear, but for me at least the beach balling has stopped ah, what a relief.

Appstore acted a bit buggy, don't know if it's Mavs related, but I installed some apps and after it was just
    about ready to install the app I got "there was an error, try Appstore purchases again." I just clicked on install, and the apps were then fine.

This happened even on Pages....I think I installed five apps, some returned the error, some did not. I used OnyX to repair permissions, and some other maintenance routines, deleted .plists for Appstore. No more problems.

I do know graphic drivers were addressed in this beta release.

As I said for me at least maybe 3 or for spins of the gear to boot, but shutting down not a problem.

Slide

18. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Contradict yourself much?

It has been released TO DEVELOPERS.

I never said it was set in stone. Things are likely to change and we are likely to see a number of developer seeds before GA.

19. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Every OS is "blazing fast" upon clean install. The slowness, beachballing and issues usually appear after longer use.

20. slide023 macrumors member

slide023

Stoovie,

So you're saying what seems to have been fixed for me, beach balling will just degrade over time?

Has this been your experience? Can you give some more clarification?

Thanks so much.

Slide

21. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

So far it's not about what bugs are fixed - rather what bugs TO fix.

build 13C32 seed note says

Focus Areas:

- Mail
    - VoiceOver
    - VPN

Also there are no dmg files on the mac dev center yet for a delta and combo. But a direct link is available on the developer forums. You can use this if the mavericks seed configuration utility doesn't work (as I know some developers have had trouble with this before).

22. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

It seems reasonably better. My notifications work (reminders) finder seems wee better, system preferences faster i think. After about a day i haven't seen those weird one second beach balls. i have seen the regular ones but those are normal, because i see them whenever my hd starts to complain.

Sleep still takes forever (hd to spin down)

it still could be faster but so long as they (apple) don't break anything i'm satisfied.

Lets hope it doesn't get worse again.

23. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I just found this bug on OS X 10.9.2 this is what another user said from another thread:

You can view the video at this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz4GApv3llM

And the thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1687151

24. Merode, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

Merode macrumors 6502

Merode

When people say "release" they usually mean General Availability state, not developer beta.

So according to your thought process most games are released before premiere? For example Diablo 3 expansion pack is already released since it's in closed beta state, right?

pff -.-

25. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

Sadly, OS 10.9.2 does not fix the lack of gestures (three finger swipe, for example) bug in the Finder.