OS X 10.9.2 wi fi is dropping

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by davorp, Mar 12, 2014.

1. davorp macrumors newbie

A few days ago I have finally decided to upgrade from Lion to Mavericks. Everything is working as it should but my wi-fi. My Internet connection is freezes up and stalls and it's very annoying. I have tried different workarounds including the open DNS, but that did not help. Wi-Fi on other devices is very stable. My rougher is AirPort Extreme. Any ideas of how to fix this permanently?

2. MatsSkoe macrumors member

MatsSkoe

The only thing I notice is that my Wi-Fi connection is lost after sleep. Normally I opened the lid, typed in password and had instant connection. Now it takes 10-20 seconds.

3. 844957 Suspended

I also experience the slow to reconnect to my wifi

another problem is that my imac loses its ip address after sleep and it tries to connect with a taken address

and i have to turn off wifi/forget network/ or wait till it dchp a new ip address 1 number up from the one it wants to connect with

10.9.2 made this worse

4. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Having this issue too, super annoying. I have to turn WiFi off and then back on to get my rMBP to reconnect.

Anyone have a solution?

5. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Allow me to chime in here as another victim of the Wifi-reconnect issue, which I've been experiencing noticeably since 10.9.1.

Please, complain to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Whining about it here alone won't do any good.

6. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

Same here.

The funny thing is that my rMBP almost always tries to grab the IP that my iPhone has. I can make the problem go away most of the time by turning off Wifi on my phone.