Os x 10.9

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Liquinn, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Liquinn Suspended

When do you think OS X 10.9 will be announced?

2. DOGONO macrumors newbie

3. davidinva macrumors 6502a

4. spravtek macrumors member

That's a long time ... Drug addicts can't wait that long :D:D

The high of ML has gone, people need their fix ... Come on Apple ;)

5. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

6. danielsutton macrumors regular

Os x 10.9

Hi All! I am also excited about the new yearly release schedule that Apple has begun, in developing new versions of its Mac operating system.

Apple announced Mountain Lion in February of this year, so if that is any indication, they will likely do the same for OS X 10.9.

Also, I suspect that Apple, after version 10.9, will stop calling the system "OS Ten" and will begin calling it OS "X," transitioning away from numbers, and using the "X" as it is a big part of the brand identity of the system. "X" stands both for the Roman Numeral 10, as well as for UNI(X), which the system is built on.

My hope is that when Apple redesigns its hardware offerings next year, they release the Mac Pro with a new form factor that allows the systems to be rack-mounted, or at lease stacked, so as to make them more business and enterprise friendly. I hope also that OS X Server can be positioned as a system that can bridge Mac, Windows, and LINUX/UNIX networks. Apple has a great system that consumers as well as enterprises can benefit from, and I hope they start marketing to the masses!!

These are my hopes :)

7. harrisonw1998 macrumors regular

Probably in a few months, then developer previews 6 months, and then about a year from now we'll have 10.9.