Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisrosemusic1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2012
Northamptonshire, England
iOS could do with a new look, but I would far from call it an urgent requirement. OS X? Nope, it works as it is was intended to - why does it need a new look (again)? Do you spend your days staring at the OS elements, or actually using them? I understand it needs to be pleasing to the eye, but Mountain Lion is as far from boring or stale as I can possibly imagine.

If your eyes need stimulation that much, go out for a walk and look at the sky, the plants and the rivers.

I don't disagree one bit that it doesn't do what it needs to do, but I would always like a few more bells and whistles ;)

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
iOS could do with a new look, but I would far from call it an urgent requirement. OS X? Nope, it works as it is was intended to - why does it need a new look (again)? Do you spend your days staring at the OS elements, or actually using them? I understand it needs to be pleasing to the eye, but Mountain Lion is as far from boring or stale as I can possibly imagine.

If your eyes need stimulation that much, go out for a walk and look at the sky, the plants and the rivers.

Indeed. Or use Windows for a few days. I let one of my roommates (who doesn't know much about computers) use my iMac yesterday and his first reaction was how much nicer to look at and easier to use it is compared to Windows.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Indeed. Or use Windows for a few days. I let one of my roommates (who doesn't know much about computers) use my iMac yesterday and his first reaction was how much nicer to look at and easier to use it is compared to Windows.

Actually, I use Linux Mint, Windows 7 and Mac OS X in equal share - I admit Mac OS X is the most beautiful and makes for a more efficient and relaxing workflow, but I'm not one of these OS fanboys, although - had I the cash, I'd buy a new Mac Mini right now :)

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
Actually, I use Linux Mint, Windows 7 and Mac OS X in equal share - I admit Mac OS X is the most beautiful and makes for a more efficient and relaxing workflow, but I'm not one of these OS fanboys, although - had I the cash, I'd buy a new Mac Mini right now :)

I use both Windows 7 and OS X regularly. My 9-5 job is actually still stuck on Windows XP (running in Windows 98 mode, no less). I've been a Windows user all my life. I was just saying that playing around in Windows for a while will make you appreciate the visual aesthetic and ease of use of OS X all the more, I think. Firing up my iMac is one of the first things I look forward to when I get home.

Until I want to play a game and boot over to Windows :D

TOMIMOT

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2011
Canada
That mesh background makes me happy, because on the 'X' banner there is a wave and on the '7' banner this mesh is also present, it means that neither will have that as their wallpaper, which I think would ruin the look, eapecially on a Mac, I hope they keep the highly detailed retina wallpapers

the mesh background could actually imply that the Mac Pro is being updated. Hence the look of the mac pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.