OS X Address Book/iphone/mobile me categories

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tdmac, Jul 1, 2009.

1. tdmac macrumors 6502

Maybe I am missing something here but it seems that the address book is lacking an important feature. You can create groups and assign contacts to a certain group but...... I see no way to see what groups a particular contact belongs to. In addition, if you make a mistake, when you first enter the contact, you have no idea under which group that contact belongs. You can find it again under all contacts or search each and every category or group you create to find it but this seem silly.

The same issue exists on Mobile me and the iphone itself. You have to be in the contact category itself when you add the contact. If you were in the wrong category then you have to fix it online or the desktop later on. You also can't assign that same category to multiple groups in the iphone either.

I know there is nothing on the iphone that can be done but is there a better desktop app to use instead of address book that has this functionality and can sync with the iphone and mobile me. Just seems silly that this basic functionality is missing.

2. kfstudios macrumors newbie

Partial solution

I realize this is not a complete solution to your issue, but if you find the contact in question and hold down the 'option' key, all the groups that contact is a member of will highlight....hey...it's something. Ken