Os X & Amd Pc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by taficke, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taficke macrumors member

Ok i would like to start by saying im sure there are other posts about this on these forums but i am not so great with macs and would appreciate any help i can get. Ok here is my question...
    Is it possible to get Leopard on and AMD PC? I have an AMD turion 64X2 1.8GHZ processor and 2 GB of ram. Are there any ways to do this? Should i install Tiger first and then install leopard on top of that? Is it even possible to install Mac OS X on a pc? Is there a way i can dual boot OS X and Vista? Will i need any special drivers or anything? Is it going to cost anything? PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!! Thanks in advance...

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Its difficult but possible. We are really not supposed to give help on here. Assuming you have a valid OSX license and don't mind breaking Apple's licensing agreement, go here.

3. Eluzion macrumors 6502

Legally? No.

Possible? Yes.

Will you find help on these forums? No.

Why? Refer back to the beginning of this post.

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Installing OS X on non-Apple hardware would violate the terms and conditions of the contract you agree to when you use the software, so no one here can/will help you with that. If you want to use Vista and Tiger/Leopard on the same computer, buy a Mac and install Vista.

5. taficke thread starter macrumors member

i dont mind voiding warranties or all that jazz i just want mac on my pc
    do u know anywhere i can go for help if you wont help me

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

read post no 2.

do a google search.

the information is easy to find - but certainly don't expect much of an answer at all here, as it's against the forum rules (linked in my sig).

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It isn't about voiding warranties (well, not entirely). It's about the RULES of this site. We will not help you break contracts or subvert their intent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.