OS X Clock resets 1 hour ahead.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MattJessop, Aug 25, 2007.

1. MattJessop macrumors regular

MattJessop

Not sure if this problem has been answered before, but a search through the MacRumors forums didn't give me any success, so I'm asking myself.

I have a Macbook C2D 2.16Ghz 1GB, and no matter what I set the time to, within a few hours OS X has put it an hour ahead. For example, if I set the time as 14:00, and check back two hours later, it will say 17:00, when it really is 16:00. Make sense?

Now, I've tried syncronising it with both the US and the Europe time servers, to no success. I have also tried turning off the automatic time updates, again to no success. Even locking the settings does nothing.

And last but not least I have repaired the drive permissions. So now I'm at a loss.

Has anybody had a problem similar to this before? Has anybody ever found out how to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

download iStat menu and see if you get the same issue? has nice itegration and features, my mac clock is off...

3. Hydramus macrumors member

This happens to me after booting into windows via Bootcamp then rebooting into OSX. This is because Windows changes the system clock while OSX just looks at the system clock and calculates the time difference assuming the system clock is GMT.

If this is occurring after booting into windows for you then there was a fix posted here.

Hope this helps.

4. MattJessop thread starter macrumors regular

MattJessop

Thanks, it never actually occurred to me that this might be the problem. If this works I'll reply. I'm not usually in Windows that much.