Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jollins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Every now and then (every few days maybe), my macbook's display profile will switch from my good-looking calibrated profile to one of the really bad looking color profiles (which gives everything a nasty purple tint). This usually happens when the display is woken up, or when I switch from a fullscreen game back to the desktop.

When it does it, I can switch it back by going to system preferences > display > color and clicking the color profile I normally use, but having to do this is getting annoying.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Is it possible to just move all the other profiles to another folder or something so they don't show up in sys prefs?

ajm.world

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2005
Me Too

Bit of a bump...

I have a MacBook Pro Late 2008 (Unibody 15") running with a Dell 2407WFP-HC and i'm getting this too. Randomly on either the built in LCD or the 24" external display. Never happened on both displays at once I don't think. It's annoying!

Strangely enough, this only started happening when I upgraded to Snow Kitty.

To fix it, I just click the Colour tab on the Display Preferences panel. My preferred profile is already selected, and going into the Colour panel seems to re-apply it.

Anyone else seeing this?

DaLurker

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
Same thing here. I was hoping Snow Leopard would fix this... only made it worse.

mdzwolf

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2005
I am having the same issue. My color profile keeps changing and I have to go into display preferences for it to change back to normal. Happened in Leopard and now even more in Snow Leopard. Anyone find a fix yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.