OS X Compress Malfunction

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gtlandi, Jun 26, 2009.

1. gtlandi macrumors newbie

Hello All, I've been having a very annoying problem for a while on my OS X Leopard.
    This problem affects all zipping actions on folders whose name repeat itself. For example, if i save some data on a folder called "Folder" every day and try to zip it, the zipped file is corrupted with not all the data being saved. It even happens if I delete the folder and make a new one with the same name.
    To make it work, i need to name the folder a different name, for example "Folder2". And so on.
    You can imagine how annoying this gets when you need to do this repetitively, every day.

I was wondering if there was any way to reset any "Compress" cache or something.
    Also on the question, are there ways to reset these caches for other native applications? I've had similar dificulties with other apps.

2. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

Not sure how to fix this particular issue, but you may want to try alternate compression software rather than the software built into Mac OS X.

You may want to download a utility like MainMenu (http://www.santasw.com) and run all of the maintenance utilities, but whether or not it will fix this issue, I am unsure of.

3. gtlandi thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked

Thanks ebel3003. I tried MainMenu and it worked perfectly!