OS X could use a built in alarm clock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ameriMacka, Oct 30, 2014.

1. ameriMacka Suspended

theres alternatives but im sure apple could do better

2. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

3. ameriMacka thread starter Suspended

Aurora looks good, maybe a lil memory heavy. so far i dont think it has the option for a message to show along with the alarm

4. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

you can put date/times with alarms in calendar. personally I use my iPhone as my alarm clock.

5. Riku7 macrumors member

I don't think it's impossible: In the create an alarm window, there's a place "Run: Drag application or file here". For that, you could make an applescript file to prompt a message of choice.
    About the memory usage I don't know, I use it occasionally but I haven't monitored its consumption. Well, at least I haven't experienced it slowing down my computer in any obvious way.

6. jahala macrumors regular

I have been using this Alarm Clock application since 10.5 or so. Sadly, it does not seem to be generally available anymore, so I have attached it here. It still works great on Yosemite.

It runs in the menu bar, lets you do timer, alarm clock, or stopwatch. It lets you choose a song for the alarm with gradual volume increase. It was free when it was available, and I still have not found a better alarm clock application for the Mac.

Attached Files:

7. ameriMacka thread starter Suspended

i think im using the same, its simply called "Alarm Clock" - works good, menu with clock pic nicely in the wifi/volume area of the top men. all its missing is option to show a message, in case u cant remember what u set the alarm for