OS X El Capitan Beta 2 Weird?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by chekz0414, Jun 25, 2015.

1. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

Hi all, I am running beta 2 on my MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 with the default 4GB RAM, and 500GB HDD.

Beta 1 ran amazingly on my device, but as of beta 2 I am having the following issues;

- There is immense lag when waking the device from sleep, and constant pinwheels and such when I am trying to open apps for the first time

- Black screens sometimes occur, and it awakens the display and everything lags almost to a complete stop, forcing me to shut down the Mac by holding down the power button.

- Graphic glitches when I am on Finder sometimes leading to the black screen.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or has a solution for this, (I updated via the Mac AppStore, so if I need to downgrade...I would probably need help on the process.)

2. jozeppy26 macrumors 6502

jozeppy26

I'm experiencing none of these issues on my 15" mid-2012 rMBP. If this isn't your main device, I'd hold out for developer 3 which will probably come in a week and a half or so. As a side note, your MacBook only has 4GB ram and could use an upgrade like yesterday.

3. moophone macrumors member

I get a white screen (repaint issue) after connecting to a microsoft remote desktop (full screen in space) and coming back. I have to move the windows around to repaint it. Yes, other finder issues as well present. (MBP 14 16GB Ram, 2.8ghz)

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you want to downgrade, you can use a TimeMachine backup, or boot to Command+R, Disk Utility erase disk, boot to option and install El Capitan DP 1 via USB, if you have one.

5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I have noticed my rMBP is unresponsive for longer after waking from sleep on beta 2.

6. chekz0414 thread starter macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

Yes, a lot of unresponsive activity. I think I'll restore my Mac back to DP 1 if possible since I have a backup for it. But can I restore a DP 1 backup to Yosemite?

7. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

When I wake my rMBP from sleep, I get a 5-10s delay before I can type my password into the unlock screen. The screen is fully loaded, its just that typing does nothing.