Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ON1997

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
I think it is a software issue, because I am able to do a SMC and PRAM reset. also while the mac boots, if I press Command + V it does do some stuff. So I think there is no hardware issue. As soon as the login page comes, the trackpad and keyboard stops working. I am running the EL Capitan GM. Thinking about updating to 10.11.1 Public Beta. External mouse and keyboard works fine. Also when I go to system preferences, trackpad and keyboard option do not recognize the built in trackpad and KB. Please help!

pressit

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
I think it is a software issue, because I am able to do a SMC and PRAM reset. also while the mac boots, if I press Command + V it does do some stuff. So I think there is no hardware issue. As soon as the login page comes, the trackpad and keyboard stops working. I am running the EL Capitan GM. Thinking about updating to 10.11.1 Public Beta. External mouse and keyboard works fine. Also when I go to system preferences, trackpad and keyboard option do not recognize the built in trackpad and KB. Please help!

I'm having the same issues.

I tried a SMC and PRAM reset as well; keyboard and trackpad then started working for a while, but soon shuts off again. Does anyone have an idea what we're facing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.