OS X Guide Book?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Aea, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

A few days / weeks / months? ago I read a thread suggesting an OSX introduction for windows power users, which was supposed to help gain a good understanding of how OSX works and all the little advanced stuff, but for somebody just starting with OSX. Anybody remember what it's called or have any suggestions? Probably going to try and check it out or buy it.

Thanks for the help, and yes I did try a search :)

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

3. armani macrumors regular

I can not understand one thing, WHY we, as the customers, are not being provided with OSX manual??? We buy OS, we should have the guide how to use it. Why do I have to go and buy a book for $50-60? It is not just about apple, windows is the same way.

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Here you go ... manuals ... support pages ... tips.

Those should get you started.
    Easy to find, easy to follow, zero cost.

5. armani macrumors regular

Very funny:D Have you ever seen Final Cut Studio package? That kind of a manual should be included along with osx.

Yes, zero cost for Apple....... you are right here. When you buy an equipment or something else, would you like to look for manuals on the internet? I rarely read manuals, but there people who need guidance and apple does not provide this. I have bought Apple Care and when I called them, sounded like they know not much more than I do. The guy put me on hold about 6 times to get some guidance from his supervisor.......

6. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Well, most of my new electronics purchases come with downloadable manuals or user guides on a CD. No more booklets. Maybe we save some trees.

7. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Zero cost for Apple? They did have to pay someone to write it you know. If they include manuals with the box then it would just put the price up, OS X is already extremely cheap.

The reason Final Cut Studio comes with so many manuals is because a) it has a lot to explain and b) because it is very expensive.

8. armani macrumors regular

Agree on trees!! I don't want a book. I don't mind to download the full manual, but not that short one, 24 pages. At least something like apple provides for Garage band.

Well Cromulent, may be you are right, osx is not that complicated and does no need a lot of explanations and it is cheap indeed. I spent so much time on pc and (only worked on mac editing videos at work) I got used to cleaning and maintaining the system. I hope that osx is way easier and does not need as much maintenance as windows xp.