OS X Icon Generator - Test

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by matheweis, Feb 3, 2009.

1. matheweis macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have created a little web app that will generate Mac OS X compatible icons. However, I don't have Leopard to test it with, just Tiger.

I'm wondering if a few people can test my web app's ability to properly generate 256x256 and 512x512 icons for Leopard.

The app is here: http://www.eisbox.net/iconvert/

It should give you both an .icns file (for apps and bundles) and a "finder ready" icon, i.e. one you can copy & paste from the Get Info box in the finder.

Thanks in advance,

-Mathew Eis

2. Leaver macrumors newbie

Hello

Just used your web tool and it worked flawlessly on my C2D 2Ghz iMac with Leopard 10.5.6 - I Hope I will find this very useful, have bookmarked it and will use it regularly

Cheers - Dan

3. AndrewLyle macrumors member

Worked for me using at 2008 Unibody MBP running 10.5.6

4. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

2.16 C2D iMac here, 10.5.6. Works like a charm. Bookmarked!

5. MotleyPete macrumors regular

Nice site. Works well.

It would be cool if you could combine icons too. Like Leopard Folders and custom icon labels.

Just a thought.

6. matheweis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for testing it guys...

You mean kind of like Can Combine Icons: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/6926 ?

7. jimdill macrumors newbie

Mathew,

I tried your converter (nice!) but it didn't do what I was hoping. I have an icns file created in Icon Composer 10.5, and it is not compatible with 10.4. I need a way to downgrade it. Is that possible using your app?

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I have tried this before and it worked fine, but wanted to mention that I attempted to use it tonight for a test of a new design, but when I click "convert" it works for a second or so and then says "Couldn't set up job directory" just below the "browse" and "convert" buttons. Any thoughts?

9. dvince2 macrumors 6502

dvince2

This is great.

I run a kids computer science camp in the summer time, and they make games in Game Maker 7. However, they're always stuck with the default red ball icon when they take it home. I'll make sure to have all the camper click on an ad while they make their .ico from here :p

10. mkgt2 macrumors newbie

Quickly generate favicons, apple-touch-icons, iphone application icons

At first I just wanted to replace my screen shot icons with something more recognizable. In my search for a generator I found this thread, great tool. I also found http://www.flavorstudios.com/iphone-icon-generator. I thought it was a pretty cool. Anybody else?