OS X Install disk won't eject

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Xeab!, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Xeab! macrumors newbie

I recently installed 10.6.3 via a brand new install disk, and since then my 2009 2.53Ghz intel 13" MBP has basically gone haywire. It started after installing the new OS and dowloading the three hours of software updates required, one of the updates (something really minor like idvd or something) came through corrupted and OS X decided ALL of the updates needed to be deleted. Then the OSX install disk got stuck in the drive. Initially it just said that "one or more programs may be using the disk" and after a few hours of digging and finding nothing in the terminal or any open applications having anything to do with the damn thing, I decided to force eject it, at which point it made the familiar eject sound, interrupted by what sounded like the disk winding down sharply, retrying to eject, and winding down sharply again. Now even if it doesn't flash the warning, it does the same thing every time I try to eject it (which it won't even try to do until it retakes the disk, spins it up, and reads it for about 30 seconds). I tried the reboot force eject, as well as every other step on Apple's support site for force ejecting a disk and still nothing (when I tried to force eject on reboot it didn't even try) I have the AppleCare still active but it would be awesome to not drive 200 miles to the nearest licensed repair shop to get this thing fixed, so does anyone have any better ideas as to how to get this thing out?

2. Xeab! thread starter macrumors newbie