OS X Leopard 10.5.4 download source

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

Found this download link while surfing, "OS X Leopard 10.5.4", Macintosh Garden.
    for those who might be interested scroll the page about 1/3 down to find the link.

2. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Im confused, was that just put there? or has it been there?

3. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68040

jbarley

Maybe this is too good to be real, just took a closer look into the download link and it seems it's one of those "gotta join here, create a login" type of sites, like all the others I prefer to steer clear of.
    But I guess it could be worth it to someone who is in need of the install disks.

4. swamprock macrumors 6502a

swamprock

Macintosh Garden is totally legit. No worries; no need to sign up if you don't to. Mega, however, is a total pain in the ass. I've wasted too much time getting that crap to work that I just gave up after a while...

5. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Macintosh Garden is great, in fact the install on my iBook(I am typing from) is from there. I think I used 10.5.4.

I was just asking because I saw this before.

I never really stumbled on sites requiring login or anything tho.

6. LightBulbFun macrumors 68000

LightBulbFun

yeah this is nothing new i have been recommending to guys who need leo for a long time now :) last i checked you dont need to log into anything its just MG then Mega... I find mega works best with chrome. that page also has a bunch of other OS X stuff thats nice (that entire website is neat heh)

7. headsh0t95 macrumors regular

If using a modern browser, it should present 2 buttons: "Download using MegaSync" and "Download using your browser". Choose the latter one and it should work fine.

8. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68040

jbarley

Chose the "latter one" and you are presented with this..., so more like download OS X after you install Mega.

Screenshot 2016-04-17 at 9.05. AM.png

9. iBoss101 macrumors member

iBoss101

Aware that this is an extremely old post, but I stumbled across it today as I was looking for a genuine copy of Leopard for my newly acquired G5 1.8GHz. In addition to the 10.5.4 download, they also have the update file for 10.5.8!

10. bobesch, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019

bobesch macrumors 65816

bobesch

To go for a real Leopard (and Tiger and Leopard-Server) Retail disk had been my best expense ever!
    MacintoshGarden is a great repository but everything web-based seems to me kind of brittle ...

11. Project Alice macrumors 6502a

Project Alice

What am I supposed to be looking at? Everything on that page has been there since I discovered the macintosh garden over a year ago

12. ScreenSavers macrumors 6502

ScreenSavers

Macintosh garden is not new. I've been using that site for years. Good stuff!