OS X Leopard Dock

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Drew017, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Hey- I was wondering- could any one post their copy of mac os x leopard's (PPC) dock? I want to see if I can use xCode to get it to work on Tiger

Thanks

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Doesn't it use Core Animation? If so, you'd need to port the whole API which is 10.5+ only.

3. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

You can't ''copy'' it as such but there is a Leopard theme for Tiger, called Liger. Google it, I wouldn't recommend it though as you get awful screen tear in the dock and Application Enhancer is needed, and it's awful.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

4. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

that is what I have- the liger dock. I was just wondering if someone with leopard could go to HD/system/library/coreservices/dock.app and upload it for me.

5. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Theres no point. The .app file doesn't contain the source code for the application, just machine code - converting the machine code "back" to source code is likely to be impossible, or at least a nightmare, and its certainly not something that Xcode can do. XCode is a development tool, it is not a reassembler. And the 10.5 dock requires the Core Animation framework, which is built separately, and is likely impossible (or at the easiest incredibly difficult) to port back to 10.4

6. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Thanks for the reply. It's alright... I upgraded to leopard today any way... Just wanted to see, out of interests sake, if it is possible.