Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Hey- I was wondering- could any one post their copy of mac os x leopard's (PPC) dock? I want to see if I can use xCode to get it to work on Tiger

Thanks

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
You can't ''copy'' it as such but there is a Leopard theme for Tiger, called Liger. Google it, I wouldn't recommend it though as you get awful screen tear in the dock and Application Enhancer is needed, and it's awful.

Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
that is what I have- the liger dock. I was just wondering if someone with leopard could go to HD/system/library/coreservices/dock.app and upload it for me.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
that is what I have- the liger dock. I was just wondering if someone with leopard could go to HD/system/library/coreservices/dock.app and upload it for me.

Theres no point. The .app file doesn't contain the source code for the application, just machine code - converting the machine code "back" to source code is likely to be impossible, or at least a nightmare, and its certainly not something that Xcode can do. XCode is a development tool, it is not a reassembler. And the 10.5 dock requires the Core Animation framework, which is built separately, and is likely impossible (or at the easiest incredibly difficult) to port back to 10.4

Drew017

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Thanks for the reply. It's alright... I upgraded to leopard today any way... Just wanted to see, out of interests sake, if it is possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.