OS X Leopard Wish & Bug List

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eluzion, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I've been browsing these forums pretty actively since the release of Leopard. There's been a lot of great suggestions posted along with some obvious bugs. I figure why not consolidate some of these to a single post. Why? I honestly don't know. I highly doubt Apple will implement many of the suggested changes. Instead, it will probably be added in 10.6 with 400 "revolutionary features" so they can make some more money. ;)

Anyways, post up any suggestions or bugs and I'll try to keep this original post up dated. Will be interesting to see how many of them Apple actually fixes and/or implements.

----------------

Finder
    • Ability to 'Cut & Paste'. Currently you can only 'Copy & Paste'.
    • Tabs that can be detached as a separate Finder window or reattached to be a tab.

Dock
    • Option to set a stacks "View as" option to "Menu" (or whatever you want to call it). Basically to allow folders on the dock to be browsed like they were in Tiger.
    • Right-clicking a folder in a stack in either fan or grid view should provide a pop-up menu to browse through that folder and its sub-folders (like right-clicking a folder on the dock in Tiger).
    • Option in Dock Preferences to switch between 3D and 2D docks.

Interface
    • 'Expand' option should remember what you set the window size too. In other words, if I click 'Expand', resize the window to what I consider "expanded", the next time I click 'Expand' it should resize to what I set it to before.
    • Menu bar opacity adjustment option in “System Preferences > Appearance” with a “Reset to Default” option.

Front Row
    • Bring back the old transition like it was in Tiger.
    • Option to continue playing music through iTunes after exiting Front Row.

Bugs / Inconsistencies
    • The color of iTunes when inactive is a darker shade of gray and not a lighter shade of gray like the rest of the applications.
    • Command-clicking buttons in iTunes when it's inactive does not work like it does with every other application.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Isn't all of this up for debate, for example "Front Row
    Bring back the old transition like it was in Tiger." I personally didn't like that transition and would hate using frontrow as i knew i had to be greeted by it. So my wish is to keep it how it is now.

3. Eluzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that is true. You are just the first person I've seen that actually liked the new transition. ;)

How about this is my list of stuff I'd like to see changed. If you don't like it, then too bad! Just kidding. =P But really, they are just suggestions. It's not like any of this will probably even happen.

Then again, stuff like that could easily be an option in the preferences. Like for Front Row, have a transition option - "Fade to Black" or "Reflection".

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Puts tin foil hat on.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

whatever folder you're in, if you go to View-->Show View Options (cmd-j), there will be a box you can check to always open in whichever mode you're in.

i'm not sure what you mean by this. can you explain?

Attached Files:

6. Eluzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh nice! Thanks for that tip. I've seen quite a few people complaining about it but it's nice to know there is a solution. ;)

7. Eluzion thread starter macrumors 6502

If you have an inactive window (such as Safari) in the background, you can Command-click a button (such as refresh) and it will click the button without making the window active. This doesn't work with iTunes.